pension: How to find PPO number for pension in EPF

Must read


Every pensioner covered by the Employees’ Pension Scheme (EPS) is assigned a unique Pension Payment Order (PPO) number. The 12-digit PPO number is unique to each pensioner and serves as a reference number for all communications.

What is Pension Payment Order (PPO) number?

According to the Central Pension Account Office, “The first five digits of each PPO represent the PPO Issuing Authority’s code number, the following two digits indicate the year of issue, and the next four digits indicate the PPO’s sequential number, with the last digit serving as a computer check digit. A PPO with the number 709650601302 indicates that it was issued by AG Madhya Pradesh in 2006, is the 130th PPO issued by that PPO issuing authority, and is assigned computer code-2.”

How to find your PPO number

Step 1: Log on to www.epfindia.gov.in

Step 2: Under Online service, click on the Pensioner’s portal

Step 3: You will be redirected to the ‘Welcome to Pensioners Portal.’ Click ‘Know your PPO number’ which is mentioned on the right side of the page

Step 4: Enter either your bank account number or PF number.

You will receive your PPO number, as well as your Member ID and type of pension, after entering the relevant information.

The PPO number is required when applying for a pension and when submitting one’s annual life certificate. Transferring a PF account from one bank branch to another can be problematic if one does not know their PPO number.

How much is contributed towards EPS

The employee contributes 12% of his basic wage + dearness allowance to his EPF account each month, and the employer matches the employee’s contribution of 12%. As a result, a total of 24% of the employee’s compensation goes into his or her EPF account.

The employee’s part (i.e., 12%) and the employer’s 3.67% of the total 24 percent contribution go to the EPF account, while the remaining 8.33 percent of the employer’s share goes to the Employees’ Pension Scheme (EPS) account.

Also read:
Who can join Employee Pension Scheme and who can’t

According to the latest circular from EPFO, now the pension to be credited to pensioners account on or before last working day of the month (except for the month of March that shall continue to be credited on or after 1st April).





Source link

More articles

- Advertisement -

Startup

Edtech Giant BYJU’S To Raise $1 Bn In Funding For Future Acquisition

The IPO-bound startup is in talks with multiple lenders to raise new round for acquisition to expand its businesses As per media reports, the...
- Advertisement -

Latest article